Hair telling how healthy you are!
As of December 2009, approximately 35 million men and 21 million women in US suffer from hair loss 1 (called Alopecia in medical term.) Normally, everyone loses 50-100 hairs in daily. Also, approximately 100,000 hairs on our head are in different stages of growth. If the number of hairs lost more than number of new hairs growing, Alopecia becomes noticeable 2.
What might be telling you?
Going Grey Early Age: mostly coming from genetic, so if parents grayed early. It’s likely you will too
Having Iron or Protein Deficiency: coming from malnutrition forces the body to conserve protein by shutting down hair growth
Thyroid Disease: showing up as increased hair loss
Dandruff: an inflammatory condition of the scalp that causes redness and flaking in the areas of the skin
Genetic Link: DihydroTestosterone (DHT) is the main cause of Pattern Baldness
Source: What your hair is telling you about your health, Sally Wadyka, MSN Health & Fitness
- Hair Loss Learning Center, www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/content/cures/hairloss.asp
- Statistical Information on Hair Loss, Michelle Kulas, www.ehow.com
The Important Part: Sebaceous Gland
The sebaceous glands produces sebum for
- Protecting hair from becoming dry
- Preventing hair from brittle and cracked
- To inhibits growth of microorganism on the skin
However, STRESS and DHT stimulate the glands to overproduce sebum cause oily scalp leading to hair loss generally.
image credit: http://training.seer.cancer.gov
Anagen Phase (Growing Phase)
80-90% of hair on scalp which will have:
- Grow continuously for 3 - 7 years at the rate of 1/2 inch a month
- Blood Supply to provide nutrients and minerals to hair
- Hair Bulb to produce hair pigment
Catagen Phase (Transitional Phase)
2-3% of hair on scalp which will have:
- Last for 2-4 weeks
- Hair detached from the blood supply which will slowly shrink to about 1/6 its size
- Hair Bulb stops producing the color pigment
Telogen Phase (Resting Phase)
10-15% of hair on scalp which will have:
- Last for 3 months before hair falls out
- 50-100 hairs will shed in daily
- New hair follicle supposes to emerge
Have you ever known?
Side Effect of Minoxidil & Finasteride
Main Ingredient - He Shou Wu
“The Hospital of Prevention and Therapeutics in Shashi, Huben Province, PRC reported a study in which 882 patients took He Shou Wu for hair loss. After 3 months 630 patients reported significant hair regrowth. After 6 months all but 48 patients reported some regrowth.” (Acupuncture and Electro-Therapeutics Research International Journal, Vol. 6, 1981, pp 19-31.)
- Help to maintain youthful levels of SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) - the much more powerful than any other antioxidant
- Enhance the proliferation of blood producing cells and support blood flow
- Rich of Zinc than other of most herbs to support growth and development of life
Magic Root Herbal Hair Tonic
He Shou Wu: To generate hair growth
Benefits: Help to grow the hair by strengthen the hair root and improve blood vessel quality to having good circulation on scalp.
How to use: Apply magic root hair tonic day and night (recommend to use Herballies Shampoo washing hair and dry blow before apply at night) in 5 areas: front-middle-back-left-right side. Massage on the scalp for 2 min. to ensure the tonic spread throughout the scalp.
Herballies Herbal Shampoo
He Shou Wu: To generate hair growth
Benefits: Help to reduce falling hair within 3 weeks and oil control 24 hrs.
How to use: Apply Herballies Shampoo once a day recommended morning time then rinse well. Dry blow.